THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs helitack crews in support of fire suppression. Applies technical methods and procedures. Manages complex aviation operations. Manages permanent and temporary helibases. Responsible for helicopter safety and compliance
- Ensures safety and welfare for all assigned personnel. Provides leadership and direction to firefighters. Completes fire line safety and tactical briefings, fire size-up, fire reports and fire personnel performance evaluations.
- Serves as an Incident Commander, managing resources that vary from single resource to multiple resource task forces or strike teams. May serve as helicopter rappel spotter.
- Prioritizes attack sequence in multiple fire situations. Coordinates and provides direction for aviation assets.
- Supervises the helicopter module personnel. Establishes guidelines and performance expectations, evaluates employee performance, provides advice and counsel to workers, affects disciplinary measures as appropriate.
- Supervises complex aviation operations, providing direction and oversight to pilots, firefighters, and aviation personnel. Responsible for furthering the goals of equal employment opportunity (EEO).
- Completes and maintains reports and records for aircraft use. Completes daily flight invoices and contract daily diaries. Signs for receipt of services and approves payments. Plans helicopter budget.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576940900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.