THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-07 level.
- Serves on prescribed fire and fuels projects in positions for which qualified.
- Administers routine aspects of the prescribed fire/fuels plan, ensuring that preparation, ignition, holding, mop-up, and rehabilitation are completed to the standards specified.
- Assists in monitoring fire behavior, evaluating fire effects, identifying potential problems and making basic recommendations by reviewing fuel treatment alternatives and designing a prescribed fire to achieve the objective.
- Participates in wildland fire and safety training in the techniques, practices, and methods of fire suppression.
- Provides information regarding field findings and observations. Assists in resolving problem situations when performing a wide variety of nonstandard fire planning assignments.
- Conducts routine project assessments which determine the presence or absence of hazardous wildland fuels. Participates in drafting prescribed fire/fuels management plans following the interagency template.
- Updates and uses a database to model and analyze fire behavior and fire effects observation data.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576938000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.