THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-11.
- Coordinates the development of short-range and long-range strategies for emergency incidents. Directs safe initial attack and extended attack suppression actions.
- Reviews and evaluates fuels and fire management plans and prescriptions to achieve ecosystem and resource management objectives.
- Provides technical and administrative supervision to the fire staff.
- Provides leadership in the fire safety program.
- Directs all aspects of the district/zone?s fire, fuels and aviation management programs. Coordinates and administers the district/zone fire and fuels management program, annual and out-year budget, and program of work.
- Coordinates program activities with federal, state, tribal, and local government entities/agencies. Provides advice and counsel to Line Officers on the development of strategies and appropriate course of actions for all incidents
- May serve as COR and prepare contract specifications. May develop grants and agreements. Implements and administers grants and agreements (e.g., emergency equipment rental agreements, mutual aid agreements, and community wildfire protection plans).
- Develops and implements communication plans which ensure information related to wildland fire, prescribed fire and fire program components for internal/external audiences is accurate.
- Develops and reviews fire prevention plans to meet short/long term objectives.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576937400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.