THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
- Operates and/or directs the operation of various dispatch telecommunication systems.
- Anticipates fire suppression needs and determines resource allocation. Coordinates aviation dispatch operations (e.g., aircraft capabilities and limitations, flight planning, aviation safety).
- Reviews internal operating procedures and systems, makes recommendations for improvement, and updates/develops operating plans and mobilization guides.
- Organizes and reviews completed records of all orders placed and actions taken to ensure adherence to established operating procedures.
- Performs, and directs others, in inputting data into a number of fire-related computer applications (e.g., incident qualification records, fire reporting systems, and automated dispatch systems) and makes assessment of outputs.
- Plans and provides critical logistical support information to the supervisor for successful implementation of fire management program activities. Develops and implements fire program management project work plans.
- Performs wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical and other duties as assigned.
- Provides information and consults with cooperators and other interested entities. Coordinates and may assist with fire training and orientation. Provides assistance on problems encountered by lower level dispatch personnel.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel will be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576930600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.