Do you have a passion for public service? The United States Secret Service (USSS) is looking for you! The USSS is a premier law enforcement organization with two (2) critical national security missions: protect our nation’s leaders and to conduct criminal investigations. Our team members continue a tradition of excellence – whether investigating financial crimes or protecting national and visiting foreign leaders. We serve the country with duty, loyalty, justice, integrity, and courage.Learn more about this agency
The U.S. Secret Service is seeking retired (CSRS/FERS) individuals to support our integrated mission and immediately impart their knowledge and experience to the current workforce. If re-employed under one of 3 special hiring authorities granted to the Secret Service, annuitants are able to earn their full salary and their full annuity without penalty.
The USSS employs retirees with three (2) different dual comp waiver authorities:
National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA):
- Limited Number of Work Hours
- No more than 520 hours during the first 6 months of retirement;
- No more than 1040 hours during any 12-month period; or
- No more than 3120 hours total during re-employment (lifetime limit).
- Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary.
- Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave on a pro-rated basis (not applicable for intermittent work schedules).
- This authority is for part-time or intermittent work schedules and has a yearly and lifetime maximum work hour limitation as stated above.
- Individuals appointed before December 31, 2024 may continue their employment until they reach the maximum lifetime hours limitation when certain conditions are met.
Dual Compensation Waiver for APT Support Positions (only for the positions listed on the below chart):
- Earn Full Annuity and Full Salary
- Earn Annual Leave and Sick Leave
- Work Full-time, Part-Time, or an Intermittent work schedule (determined by supervisor)
- Receive Overtime (if on a full-time schedule)
- All appointments under this authority will terminate on June 30, 2022.
Human Resources Specialist
Operations Research Analyst
Occasional travel - Occasional domestic and foreign travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576878200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.