THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
- Performs a wide variety of limited operational projects to address a broad range of technical fire management problems, such as analyzing on-the-ground fuel conditions, weather, and availability of resources.
- Recommends personnel, equipment, logistics, and communications needs for all aspects of the fire management program.
- Gathers data on the specific type of preparation needed before work begins, and makes recommendations of any changes needed. Sets fire crew work schedules and duty stations.
- Develops specific plans for burning projects after analyzing fuels. Develops cost estimates for projects.
- Develops sampling procedures, collects, and/or collates written information, measurements and data, and testimony for functional reviews of fire suppression activities, annual readiness inspections, and fuels hazard and risk assessments.
- Gathers, analyzes, and interprets data for the development of fuels treatment and urban plans. Assists in the development, implementation, and administration of the fuels management program.
- Develops and executes prescribed burning plans for complex burn projects and a wide variety of fuel types. Coordinates the fuels inventory program, pre-attack planning, and backlog slash inventory with annual fuel treatment work plans.
- Develops initial attack strategies for large fire suppression actions in accordance with wildland fire suppression systems and procedures, fuels types, fire behavior, and fire management objectives and policies.
- Performs wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical and other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occational travel may be required for fire suppression/fire related assignments, meetings and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576867900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.