About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This is a post-doctoral position within the Center for Strategic Leadership. Initial appointment is for one year. The successful candidate will serve as a member of a team and conduct substantive research contributing to development of a national-level strategy in the homeland security field. Postdoctoral fellows may also contribute to the development and delivery of graduate level curriculum.
- Conduct research on issues related to their area of expertise, in support of existing CSL programs, under the guidance of a senior faculty member from CSL
- Contribute as a member of a research team to the development of a national-level strategy in an area relevant to homeland security
- Assist in all phases and required methodology development, research design, data collection and analysis activities
- Assist in collaborative research team coordination across organizations and sites
- Attend team meetings
- Assist in the preparation of briefing materials and support briefings as requested
- Teach/facilitate selected lessons as part of the Army War College curriculum
- Publish at least one article through the U.S. Army War College Press or other reputable publication in collaboration with faculty lead
- Conduct lectures and present approved research findings at academic or other professional venues
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisors
25% or less - Domestic and international travel up to 20% of duty time is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576809100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.