The Commission is looking for an Information Technology Specialist (Software) with extensive experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration and application knowledge to assist in the daily Information Technology needs of the agency, as well as long term planning for future growth. This position requires a balance of knowledge, ingenuity, and ability, with a constant emphasis on security.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will serve as the Commission's business software subject matter expert, providing guidance, support and training for a wide variety of business software. The incumbent reports directly to the Information Technology Manager. Responsibilities include:
- Act as subject matter expert for the planning, implementation, and support of Office 365 and Hybrid-Office 365 implementations, Active Directory Synchronization, or Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS).
- Proactively secure Microsoft 365 enterprise and hybrid environments, implement and manage security and compliance solutions. Maintain a highly secure system through proper configuration and regular system monitoring.
- Manage Exchange Online including delegation rights, distribution lists, content searches, and eDiscovery.
- Manage basic SharePoint online functions including the creation of site collections, applications, permissions and End-User training.
- Champion the adoption of Office 365 services as appropriate for our agency.
- Drive and implement solutions for Cyber-security threats against email messaging environments deterring attacks such as business email compromise, spear phishing, and account takeover.
- Research and recommend new business software and applications to enhance staff productivity and improve end user experience.
- Plan and implement the deployment of new software outside the Office 365 realm.
- Draw on professional experience and expertise to determine best practices and make recommendations to improve current business practices, and participate in efforts to make changes in business practices.
- Provide End-User technical assistance for questions and problems.
- Provide End-User training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576660900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.