This position is located at the Pine Ridge Service Unit. The purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction to nursing personnel in the performance of nursing activities and in provision of patient care on the OB/GYN Clinic Unit. In this capacity, preforms such functions as directing ancillary nursing staff, administering to nursing personal matters, performing direct patient care activities and completing special assignments as directed.Learn more about this agency
- Assesses daily clinic schedule; adjusts staff and assigns duties appropriately. Collaborates with unit supervisor, clinical director and/or nursing administration as necessary.
- Participates in problem solving to make improvements in the delivery of patient care in collaboration with medical staff, nursing personnel and nursing administration.
- Administers therapeutic and emergency measures as prescribed by the primary care provider, such as medications, treatments, and procedures, and intravenous fluids and blood transfusions adhering to current scientific knowledge including principles of safety and infection control.
- Provides patient and family education, which includes counseling and assisting the patient/family to understand and accept implications of care, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Supports and adheres to administrative and nursing service policies and procedures; assists the unit supervisor in the interpretation of policies and procedures related to the work in the clinic; participates and contributes to hospital performance improvement activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576532200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.