This position is located in the Research and Development Service within the Western New York Health Care System, Buffalo, New York focusing on research issues related to programming and software development and deployment along with data science training in biomedical informatics.Learn more about this agency
NOTE: This is a TERM appointment (not-to-exceed 1 year and 1 day). Term appointments are non-status, nonpermanent appointments of limited duration (more than 1 year but not more than 4). Term employees are eligible to earn leave and generally have the same benefits as permanent employees including health and life insurance, within-grade increases and Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan coverage. Term appointments may be extended without further competition (up to the 4 year maximum). The appointment to a Term position does not confer eligibility for promotion or reassignment to other positions or the ability to be non-competitively converted to permanent employment.
- Manages program and Jupyter notebooks development for training modules;
- Works with a diverse group of research contributors;
- Provides programming and database support for research projects;
- Knowledgeable in database design and database optimization;
- Conducts hardware and software analysis and cost factor analysis;
- Provides data science training in biomedical informatics;
- Determines data backup systems and protocols needed to support web-based applications;
- Evaluates the researchers clinical trial data reporting requirements;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576518300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.