This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as a subject matter expert in support of metallurgical physical simulation and computational materials analysis.
- Metallurgical physical simulation and computational materials analysis will be related to thermodynamic and kinetic simulation, microstructural evolution, or fabrication process simulation for Navy materials, processes, systems, and assets.
- You will plan, organize, conduct, and coordinate laboratory testing and computer materials simulation to accomplish engineering projects and decisions.
- You will carry full responsibilities for engineering functions related to the materials science and engineering, welding, or thermo-mechanical physical simulations and modeling.
- You will identify the scope of the investigation and defines the engineering requirements of the work effort.
- You will develop solutions to a variety of technical problems for temperature dependent metal manufacturing processing techniques and anticipates future trends; develops and investigates application of new technology or approaches.
- You will perform analyses on large and complicated projects involving integrated computational materials engineering.
- You will use material simulation software programs to support temperature dependent metal manufacturing processes.
- You will define and evaluate technical issues; determining methods of analysis, researching and reviewing technical documentation and literature, and/or designing and adapting equipment/test procedures.
- You will document work including preparation of proposals, technical reports, specifications, work plans, or project reviews.
- You will represent the organization at meetings or conferences related to your specialty area and brief higher level management on status of the work; and provide technical decisions and recommendations that are usually accepted.
- You will communicate technical ideas and results in oral and written form.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576507900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.