This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Northern Plains Agricultural Research Laboratory in Sidney, MTLearn more about this agency
The incumbent will be responsible for conducting an experiment or research project related to plants; collecting or evaluating plant samples; maintaining records of scientific data; and operating or maintaining laboratory or field equipment.
- Collects and evaluates plants for identification at species levels, plant community data, plant physiology traits, and fire energy data in support of research.
- Assists with research related to recovery of degraded, damaged, or invaded ecosystems.
- Observes the interaction between ecosystems and fires.
- Assists in research performing plant community sampling, outdoor work in rough terrain and harsh weather conditions, operating machinery, greenhouse plant propagation, measuring plant carbon and physiological processes.
- Locates and compiles data related to research on plants or ecology.
- Maintains, calibrates and modifies complex/specialized equipment and automated systems used for test and evaluation procedures.
- Tabulates, statistically analyzes and summarizes data using personal computers and software packages.
- Initiates action to resolve or correct technical difficulties and results found in the experimental process and recommends resolution to supervisor.
- Compile geo-referenced data from publicly available databases
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576427600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.