This position is located within the Medical Research Department at the VA Western New York HealthcareLearn more about this agency
System in Buffalo, NY. The Program Support Assistant (Office Automation) provides program and administrative support for the Associate Chief of Staff and the Administrative Officer for the Research Department.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting personnel with applications for Without Compensation (WOC) appointments;
- Ensuring applications are processed timely;
- Provides accurate information and needed forms to research staff applying for WOC status;
- Obtaining necessary documents and reviews documents submitted for accuracy and completeness;
- Performing essential tasks such as processing incoming and outgoing correspondence and independently composing written communication;
- Serving as the records liaison for the research department;
- Developing and maintaining a file plan to ensure proper storage of research records;
- Entering work orders and working with facility operations to ensure completion of work order requests;
- Serving as the primary timekeeper for the department;
- Providing general clerical public contact support services such as answering the telephone and referring Visitors;
- Providing information about the office, its functions, and standard operating procedures;
- Serving as a designated purchase card holder to place purchase orders for office supplies and research equipment;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576376200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.