This position ls for the Senior Program Manager(s) for the Special Area Conservation (Rivers and Trails Programs) or Community Assistance Programs Branches within the Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Division (COR), located In Washington, DC, Headquarters,National Park Service (NPS). The Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Programs collectively work with partners and parks to protect Congressionally designated areas, and provide technical and financial community assistance.Learn more about this agency
The major duties of the Program Manager includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- -Provides national program oversight and manages NPS National Rivers and Trails Systems Programs. Serves as the primary national expert and point of contact for the NPS for National Wild and Scenic Rivers and the National Scenic, Historic and Recreation Trails (Rivers/Trails programs) and related special designation and conservation areas programs.
- -Oversees and works with regional and national program managers and park leaders ensuring consistency in programmatic operations, policy and procedures. Leads the program staff in the development, refinement and implementation of program policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- -Assists in determining strategic direction and policy for NPS in general and COR programs, civic engagement, and community technical assistance efforts specifically support strategic priorities such as the related Community Assistance, Recreation, Tourism, Urban, Youth, Health, Centennial and other NPS and DOI initiatives and programs.
- -Works to identify national issues and coordinates among other NPS offices, federal interagency partners, states, municipalities, and non-profit partners.
- -May supervise 3 to 6 or more COR-WASO and regionally-based full or part-time employees, interns, volunteers and fellows (including GS 9-13 policy and program staff), establishes performance standards, evaluating performances, developing opportunities for staff competency development, and recommending appointments, promotion, approving leave requests and certifying time and attendance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576147500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.