*****Applicants must be able to start immediately.*****Learn more about this agency
The Medical Technologist will develop, perform, evaluate, interpret, correlate and validate the accuracy of laboratory procedures and results.
This position will support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19.
The Medical Technologist generally is assigned to a particular subsection of the section where he/she may be the primary or sole individual operating that subsection on most work days.
The Medical Technologist duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performing a broad range of laboratory procedures including all testing and tasks of the medical technologist occupation. In addition, performs advanced and complex laboratory procedures; recognizes deviation from expected results; analyzes and corrects problems using scientific principles.
- Evaluating and solving problems related to collection and processing of biological specimens for analysis taking into account physiologic processes and requirements.
- Maintaining and documenting the optimal functioning of laboratory equipment. Uses, calibrates, identifies malfunctions, repairs, and performs preventive maintenance of laboratory equipment. Diagnoses deviations in test performance due to instrument malfunction.
- Performing and documenting quality control and assurance activities and corrective actions related to test performance using statistical principles and theories of performance improvement.
- Adhering to practices and regulations governing bio-hazardous/personal safety and bio-hazardous/personal security in the workplace.
- Identifying discrepancies, solves problems, and presents solutions.
- Answering inquiries regarding test results, methodology, test specificity, test sensitivity, and specific factors, which influence test results. Interprets results and suggests follow-up test selection or procedures.
- Evaluating and implementing new techniques and procedures in the laboratory in terms of equipment, method comparison, and establishment of reference intervals using statistical methods and theoretical knowledge. Interprets findings and makes recommendations.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
Days - Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.- with rotating weekends
Evenings- Monday- Friday- 4:30 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.- with rotating weekends
Midnight - Monday- Friday- 12:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.- with rotating weekends
Telework: Not authorized.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576101600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.