THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Provides leadership, coordination, and direction for the administration of the fire suppression; detection and prevention programs; dispatching services; fuels/vegetation management; and the aviation management.
- Provides administrative supervision to a group of highly skilled subordinate fire program managers and specialists.
- Establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff members, which are clearly communicated.
- Provides leadership in the fire safety program in a doctrinal principles based approach. Ensures that adequate review, analysis and reporting are completed after incidents/accidents/near miss incidents.
- Assists the Forest Fire Management Officer (FFMO) in directing a fire management program with a high complexity level.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/576062800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.