The Volpe Center is seeking Policy Analysts at the entry- and mid-levels to support our Policy, Planning & Environment Technical Center. The employee(s) will be responsible for data collection, analyses and research in areas such as environmental policy, resilience and recovery, transportation planning, performance management, freight policy and planning, innovative finance, current and emerging transportation technologies and/or related programs.Learn more about this agency
As a Policy Analyst, you will:
- Provide policy analysis services to clients, in areas such as long-term and site specific strategic transportation planning; environmental policy and planning; data, program, and policy analysis; research; outreach and communications; and transportation finance.
- Provide research and analytical support to project teams; data collection activities; assisting in the design and implementation of outreach events; scheduling and conducting meetings and interviews; and writing and preparing a variety of project reports and other technical and business documentation.
- Perform (or assist in) analyses, development, planning, and implementation of guidance, tools, strategies, and programs.
- Provide input in evaluating the project for technical validity and the design of project materials and technical reports.
- Draft, create and design project materials and technical reports.
The ideal candidate will have experience assisting with the development and implementation of projects centered on high-level policy activities. The position is focused on the conducting policy-related research, analysis, evaluation, and coordination related to environmental policy, resilience and recovery, transportation planning, performance management, freight policy and planning, innovative finance, current and emerging transportation technologies and/or related technology-focused programs. Additionally, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams contributing to or leading projects both within his/her organization and crossing organizational boundaries, possess superb analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills, and be able to excel in an entrepreneurial, fast –paced environment.
PLEASE NOTE: Current Volpe employees with duty stations other than Cambridge, MA may apply for this position and may remain in their current duty station, if selected. Salary will be adjusted in accordance with the locality pay of the specific area. Salaries for areas are available on the OPM website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2019/general-schedule (https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2019/general-schedule)
Volpe is committed to fostering an all-inclusive diverse workforce where employees feel valued for their unique backgrounds and qualities and have a sense of belonging and engagement in helping to advance transportation for the public good.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575957800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.