THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found on the Forest Service websiteLearn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties are listed at full performance level
- Serve as an expert in aviation safety and retardant aircraft limitations.
- Applies multi-agency policy, agreements and protocols to ensure effective interagency aviation operations.
- Responsible for the overall efficiency, safety and security of ground and aviation operations.
- Oversee the planning, scheduling and monitoring of all flights and resources assigned to the airtanker base.
- Determine flight information such as location, heading, radio contacts, frequencies and possible hazards.
- Oversee mixing and loading of retardant chemicals to ensure that individual aircraft weight limitations are not exceeded.
- Direct and oversee the activities at an airtanker base in support of wildland fire suppression.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575876300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.