This position is established on a Forest Service Unit to serve as the Superintendent of an Inter-agency Hotshot Crew. The primary responsibility of the incumbent is the leadership of an effective fire suppression resource.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.
- Serves as Superintendent of an organized, highly skilled 20 person Hotshot Crew, and makes on-site evaluations of conditions, making tactical decisions, and determining appropriate responses.
- Recognizes, responds to, and communicates changes in predicted weather and fire behavior, topography and fuel types, and adapts planned strategies and tactics to identify and relocate fire-lines, escape routes and safety zones.
- Determines pre-suppression and suppression needs annually and facilitates procurement and fleet management. Formulates and prepares project plans for the hotshot crew and aids in the development of the hotshot crew portion of the unit's budget.
- Develops and implements a training program for the Hotshot Crew in compliance with applicable requirements of providing complete coverage of fire suppression, procedures, methods, techniques, and physical conditioning.
- Responsible for fire related assignments and project work, such as monitoring fuel inventories, preattack planning, brush disposal, backlog fuels disposal and preparation, and Environmental Assessment development.
- Demonstrates leadership in establishing and maintaining a work environment that is free from discrimination and creates a sense of inclusion and support for all employees in the workplace.
- Performs wildfire suppression support as directed within training and physical and other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional overnight travel may be required for fire suppression or fire related assignments.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575829300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.