This vacancy announcement will be open from August 11, 2020 to August 17, 2019 or when 50 applications have been received. The vacancy will close on whichever day the first of these conditions are met. If the application limit is reached on the same day the announcement opened, the open and close date will be the same. Candidates are encouraged to read the entire announcement before submitting their application packages.considered a student for purposes of this Program.Learn more about this agency
The Management Support Unit in the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Directorate of Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS/MSU) is the Department’s liaison with Federal benefits-paying agencies, consular posts abroad and Congress. CA/OCS/MSU provides guidance, disseminates information and implements new programs and procedures of those paying agencies. CA/OCS/MSU also liaises with other Federal agencies such as the Department of Treasury including the Internal Revenue Service(IRS), the Bureau of the Public Debtand the Selective Service System(SSS).
CA/OCS/MSU works with Federal agencies on Federal BenefitsPrograms abroad to ensure efficient and fraud-free payment of benefits, as well as the provision of services. CA/OCS/MSU’s goal is to ensure that services provided by the State Department for the different Federal agencies are administered in an efficient and effective way delivering a high quality service.
Work schedule: interns must work at least 35 hours each week during this year-round position. Work hours are between 7:15 AM and 5:00 PM.
As a Student Trainee (Program Analyst) GS-09, you will:
- Participate in studies of conventional problems in program implementation at the operational level.
- Compile facts and findings for use by managers of headquarters functions, and evaluate policies in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Perform initial review of the applicability and effect of new or proposed legislation, executive orders, departmental directives and other agency decisions on Bureau operations, managerial programs, and requirements.
- Draft comments and impact statements on these issuances for consideration by management at the Bureau.
- Support higher graded analysts in conducting assigned segments or phases of projects involving development, implementation, or monitoring of sophisticated management information systems.
- Conduct work related to the design, operation or maintenance of systems.
- Meet in support of the contract officer's technical representative (COTR), with IT consultants and Departmental IT officials to provide factual information about traditional program effectiveness metrics in order to assist in the design and implementation of automated program management systems.
- Participate in training personnel regarding guidelines and systems.
- Formulate training materials as required.
- Represent the Bureau at meetings and conferences as directed by his/her supervisor or higher level manager.
- Advocate Bureau views and policy positions, take note of opposing points of view, and develop oral and written reports for Bureau management.
- Maintain liaison with staff members of the appropriate Departmental or external organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575820900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.