This vacancy announcement will be open from August 11, 2020 to August 17, 2020 or when 50 applications have been received. The vacancy will close on whichever day the first of these conditions are met. If the application limit is reached on the same day the announcement opened, the open and close date will be the same. Candidates are encouraged to read the entire announcement before submitting their application packages.Learn more about this agency
The Management Support Unit in the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Directorate of Overseas Citizens Services (CA/OCS/MSU) is the Department’s liaison with Federal benefits-paying agencies, consular posts abroad and Congress. CA/OCS/MSU provides guidance, disseminates information and implements new programs and procedures of those paying agencies. CA/OCS/MSU also liaises with other Federal agencies such as the Department of Treasury including the Internal Revenue Service(IRS), the Bureau of the Public Debtand the Selective Service System(SSS).
CA/OCS/MSU works with Federal agencies on Federal BenefitsPrograms abroad to ensure efficient and fraud-free payment of benefits, as well as the provision of services. CA/OCS/MSU’s goal is to ensure that services provided by the State Department for the different Federal agencies are administered in an efficient and effective way delivering a high quality service.
Work schedule: interns must work at least 35 hours each week during this year-round position. Work hours are between 7:15 AM and 5:00 PM.
As a Student Trainee (Program Analyst) GS-05, you will:
- Perform a variety of administrative assignments in support of the mission and programs of the organization.
- Participate in research and analysis of specialized areas of the organization's mission and programs.
- Collect information and apply basic analytical and evaluative techniques under the guidance of higher-graded team members.
- Resolve discrepancies and enter data into various automated systems.
- Assemble and summarize program data, background information and other materials into report or presentation formats.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575803800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.