This position supports Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment staff assigned to supervise and assist participants of Chapter 31, U.S. Code Title 38 in all phases of the vocational rehabilitation program.Learn more about this agency
Duties: The incumbent motivates and counsels' individuals to utilize benefits and services available. Responds to telephone inquiries from claimants, their representatives, VR&E staff and other VA personnel and resolves issues which may include but not limited to the following: status of counseling, case status, Chapter 31 awards, entitlement calculations, tuition, fees, books, supplies and subsistence inquiries. Additional duties include:
- Receives Veterans and other visitors to regional office and out-based sites making inquiries regarding Chapter 31 vocational rehabilitation issues.
- Screens issues presented by the Veterans or other visitors, and within the scope of assigned responsibilities, serves as VA representative to resolve issues presented by veterans.
- Provides administrative support in the responsibilities for personnel management, budget administration, procurement, office administration, and other related activities covering all facets.
- Responsible for reviewing all applications for VA Vocational Rehabilitation benefits and services.
- Assists vocational rehabilitation counselors with Chapter 31 enrollments by preparing certification lists for training facilities and preparing authorizing enrollments.
- Resolves issues related to Chapter 31 training such as overpayment questions, class schedules, termination dates, remaining entitlement, training under other educational chapters and accounts receivable. Issues are resolved by reviewing appropriate master records, claim files and CER folders.
- Responsible for review of all cases in Rehabilitation to Employment and Interrupted Status to determine if case status change is required.
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Compressed/Flexible: May be available
Telework: May be available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Specialist/PD1278A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575760200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.