The Specialty Crops Inspection (SCI) Division is responsible for developing U.S. grade standards and providing inspection, grading, certification, and audit-based services nation-wide on a user-fee basis for fresh and processed fruits and vegetables and related products. The Assistant Branch Chief helps oversee federal inspection management operations of the division's Western Region along with the Branch Chief.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitates planning, formulating, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling the Division?s region-wide inspection program
- Facilitates the promotion and direction of program operations within the region to ensure expeditious inspection service, uniform program operations
- Oversees along with the Branch Chief the development of policies, procedures, and instructions for performing inspection and certification
- Notifies field personnel of revised policies and procedures; advises stakeholders on specific problems or new developments
- Stays current on crop conditions, transportation facilities, shipping, packing, and processing methods, marketing practices, general economic conditions and other related information
- Responsible for funds obligated and expended in the execution of regional programs, maintenance of financial records and reports to justify expenditures
- Determines the immediate and long-range staffing requirements for carrying out inspection programs
- Responsible for application of established policies with respect to personnel, fiscal and administrative matters.
76% or greater - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575518000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.