The Agricultural Research Service (ARS) is the United States Department of Agriculture's chief scientific research agency and one of the world's premiere scientific organizations. ARS Postdoctoral Research Associates are hired to supplement a lead scientist's research on agricultural problems of high national priority affecting American agriculture.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in US Vegetable Laboratory in Charleston, South Carolina.
**ANNOUNCEMENT IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED OR April 12, 2021.**
- Coordinate development of data pipeline for high-throughput plant phenotyping and image analyses that will enhance specialty crop breeding programs at the lab.
- Develop image analysis and machine learning algorithms to facilitate the quantification of plant tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Develop data management protocols and systems that are capable of handling large volumes and different varieties of data.
- Work with software development team to help develop graphical user interface (GUI) and standard application programming interface (API) for these systems.
- Operations of various imaging systems and platforms, such a RGB, hyperspectral, and microscope based.
- Provide technical support, guidance, and training in image analysis and machine learning to USVL researchers.
- Lead implementation of application of novel machine learning methodologies in plant phenotyping for vegetable crops at the lab in collaboration with Breeding Insight. Breeding insight is funded by the USDA, ARS through Cornell University.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575449100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.