What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
GS-14 Salary: 107,807 (Step 01) to 140,146 (Step 10)
As a Supervisory Hydrologist with the Wyoming/Montana Water Science Center (WY-MT WSC), some of your specific duties will include:
- Serves as the Deputy Center Director and in the capacity assists the Center director in the planning, direction, and administration of water resources data collection and interpretive programs in Wyoming and Montana funded by USGS appropriations as well as other Federal, State, Tribal and local partners.
- Directly supervises and works with the Data Management Section Chief to oversee the processing, storage, management, presentation, and archiving of all data collected in the WY-MT WSC.
- Directly supervises and works with the Data Operations Chief to oversee, plan, and organize the collection, processing, and quality assurance of hydrologic data in Wyoming and Montana.
- Serves as the Center's program lead for science activities in a particular geographic area (e.g. state of Montana) or related to a particular science topic (e.g. unconventional oil and gas development).
- Serves as Center's primary contact with an assigned set of USGS and DOI Regions covering parts of Montana and Wyoming to which the Center is not attached administratively (e.g. USGS Rocky Mountain Region and DOI Region 7)
- Operates a motor vehicle as an incidental driver.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 4 nights per month for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575367600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.