The News and Multimedia Division within the NASA Office of Communications in Washington, DC is seeking a skilled individual to serve as a public affairs specialist in the Digital Communications Branch. The public affairs specialist is responsible for developing digital media strategies, tactics, products and messaging in support of NASA's charter in the 1958 National Aeronautics and Space Act to reach the widest practicable audience.Learn more about this agency
- Oversees the development, implementation, execution, and measurement of social media channel strategies, with a focus on content production, community management, social listening and targeted audience growth.
- Establishes and implements a modern community management strategy that positions the agency as responsive and engaged with online audiences.
- Leads the creation of digital media plans and editorial calendars. This includes managing projects requiring agency-wide collaboration with communicators who specialize in audio, eBooks, mobile apps, social media, television, video, AR/VR and web.
- Coordinates with communication staffers, agency subject matter experts other relevant stakeholders to ensure consistent messaging and a timely, coordinated release of digital products.
- Maintains agency-owned accounts according to best practices. This includes creating or updating account profile information and artwork, creating or consolidating accounts, managing follower lists, etc.
- Stays up to date with the latest digital trends, sharing learning with stakeholders and making recommendations for new tactics and tools.
- Supports agency events and programs, including live coverage on digital platforms that may occur outside of standard business hours.
- Duties described above are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/575168000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.