You will serve as the Chief of the Finance and Analysis Branch (FAB) for the Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS), Commodity Procurement Program (CPP). As the FAB Branch Chief, you will have oversight over the Financial Monitoring team and the Marine Liability Section which govern agricultural commodity transportation.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Directs the maintenance of the organization?s administrative budget, including the payment and receipt of payment to and from other Agencies for services.
- Directs the coordination funding allocation and purchases for disaster relief, working closely with Food Nutrition Service.
- Directs the development and dispensation of travel, training, and award administrative funds among Divisions.
- Directs the collections, invoice payments, financial reconciliations and litigation of marine debts with ocean carriers.
- Directs the management and development of critical policies, procedures, and practices in acquisition and material management areas.
- Collaboratively, participates with senior management in program planning, policy determinations, evaluations, and decisions concerning acquisition, oversight and material management.
- Directs the invoicing of maritime loss and damage claims, invoicing warehouse and vendor losses.
- Develops performance standards for Branch employees and evaluates work performance.
- Oversees the flow of work and assumes responsibility for assuring that all deadlines for completion of work are met. Assures that all legal requirements are met as they relate to the work assignments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574784200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.