Tour of Duty: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.Learn more about this agency
Position Description Title/PD#: Contract Specialist/ PD#11005-A
Compressed/Flexible Schedules: Available
Telework: Eligible after six months with supervisor approval
Virtual Position: No
This recruitment is for five positions with the VHA Regioanl Procurement Office Central, Network Contracting Office (NCO) 23 located at Saint Paul, Minnesota.
THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT WITH A CLOSING DATE OF 01/27/2021. Applications will be referred as received or as additional vacancies arise.
Contract Specialist/ PD# 11005-A
- Aids requiring activities in performing market research, reviewing specifications and statements of work and approving acquisition milestone plans.
- Performs a complete review of recommended sole-source requirements and conducts necessary market analyses to test the noncompetitive assumptions of requisitions.
- Responsible for advertising all applicable requirements and preparing the solicitation document using agency contract writing systems for issuance, insuring regulatory and legal sufficiency, and promoting maximum competition.
- Conducts public bid openings, reviews bids and determines responsiveness and responsibility of low bidder in accordance with applicable regulatory requirements when using sealed bidding.
- Resolves protests, mistakes in bids, late bid situations and coordinates with the SBA for Certificate of Competencies (COC's).
- Conducts negotiations for competitive and noncompetitive procurements.
- Conducts cost and/or price analysis of offerors' proposals, reviews auditors' reports for adequacy of analysis and conclusions and considers all information in developing an overall pricing negotiation strategy.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574668200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.