The Regional Emergency Transportation Representative for Region 1 (ME, VT, NH, MA, CT & RI), working in concert with the designated Regional Emergency Transportation Coordinator to execute the DOT's responsibilities for overall emergency management of the nation's transportation infrastructure and Emergency Support Function (ESF-1), Transportation & must be able to deploy on short notice to disaster sites, working effectively for long hours under great physical/mental stressLearn more about this agency
As a Regional Emergency Transportation Representative, you will:
- Serve as the lead regional DOT representative and principal resource for authoritative technical, theoretical and operational expertise in all emergency planning, training, exercises, preparedness, response, and recovery program matters. These include national security and defense emergencies including, technological and natural disasters, economic crises, and any other crisis adversely impacting the nation's transportation resources or infra-structure.
- Make presentations and provides technical guidance on transportation emergency processes and procedures.
- Prepare rapid and timely reports.to the Office of the Secretary and the Secretary's Transportation operations Center.
- Serve as the official point of contact and focal point for the collection of disaster related information from other DOT operating administrations, Federal supporting agencies and the private sector on actual or potential crisis adversely impacting the transportation infrastructure.
- Direct the regional emergency preparedness, planning, and response operations in support of national security emergencies, technological and natural disasters, economic crises, and any other crisis situations that may adversely impact the nation's regional civil transportation resources
The ideal candidate will have experience leading teams implementing both the National Response Framework and the National Disaster Recovery Framework.
50% or less - Travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574511800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.