You will serve as a Security Assistant in the Force Protection and Physical Security Branch of the NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.Learn more about this agency
- You will monitor and control the operations of the central alarm system that monitors fire, utility, duress and intrusion detection alarms generated from storage and secure areas at the Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) including NRL field sites.
- You will monitor the NRL Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) security system to identify potential hazards and risks to NRL employees and assets.
- You will provide customer service when receiving incoming emergency and administrative phone calls; determine the nature of the calls, resolve or refer calls to the appropriate agency.
- You will maintain documents, regulations, operational procedures, technical orders, maps, charts and checklists as it relates to the duties of the Security Operations Center (SOC).
- You will utilize a variety of telecommunications equipment including digital and analog radios, telephones, computer systems, and databases in the performance of duty.
- You will perform a variety of administrative tasks including but not limited to writing/filing official reports, annotating all SOC activities .
- You will determine purpose/nature of visit and assures positive ID before allowing visitor entry.
- You will monitor alarm systems and dispatch appropriate personnel (i.e., law enforcement, fire, medical) in emergency situations.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/574362800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.