This position serves as a Civil Engineer (Geotechnical) who utilizes the disciplines associated with soil and rock mechanics to analyze and investigate structural, subsurface, and geologic components and conditions. These analyses and investigations are used to develop the safe design and operationLearn more about this agency
of an engineering structure.
Direct Hire Authority: These positions are being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Direct-Hire Authority for this occupation.
- Responsible for preparing geotechnical reports, incorporating soil mechanics test data, geotechnical analyses and recommendations for design.
- Ensure that laboratory testing plans meet client needs and provide advice and guidance to resolve geotechnical issues that arise during planning, design, and construction and provide field support of Geotechnical elements in all phases.
- Review of geotechnical investigations, designs and engineering reports prepared by others to include plans and specifications, trip reports, design memoranda for record and other reports submitted prior to forwarding to section supervisor.
- Monitor and analyze evolving technology including research results, theories, techniques, procedures, products or practices relevant to the general field of geotechnical testing and engineering.
- Provide technical assistance to district elements, federal and local government agencies, professional societies, and private citizens on site inspections, forms conclusions, oral or written reports containing findings and recommendations.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/573819800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.