This position is located with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, Dietary Prevention of Obesity-Related Disease Research Unit in Grand Forks, North Dakota.Learn more about this agency
- Leads an independent research laboratory that studies, expands and complements an existing research program regarding the composition of diets and meals and/or timing of meals to maintain health and prevent disease.
- Conceives, leads and implements both independent research and multidisciplinary, team-based research (basic, clinical and/or translational) and analyzes experimental data.
- Submits at least two manuscripts per year for publication of experimental results in peer-reviewed journals and presents information at scientific meetings and at other research institutions.
- Prepares written work products based on research to be published in professional articles, publications, and technical abstracts.
- Develops novel and innovative scientific evidence to support a healthful food supply.
- As appropriate, works with and develops relationships with community, industry, governmental, and academic stakeholders.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/573747400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.