These positions are located on a Forest Service unit, where the incumbent serves as a NEPA Planner responsible for performing work involved in Natural Resources Planning and Environmental law compliance, including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the National Management Act (NFMA) in Region 3.Learn more about this agency
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance grade level.
- Ensure National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents are in conformance with applicable law, regulation, and policy.
- Analyze environmental data to measure and evaluate the effects of management proposals on natural, social, or economic resources.
- Develop plans for specific area or accountability (i.e., water, soils, habitat management, etc.).
- Conduct field survey and accomplish technical reconnaissance to gather information required to define study objective.
- Coordinate with natural resource specialists to obtain, compile and analyze information used in formulating specific components of program and project plans.
- Forecast projected financial, informational, administrative, and staffing needs based on input from all program areas.
- Instruct project staff on the plan standards and guidelines related to the unit natural resource management proposal.
- Write reports of scientific or technical data to support natural resource planning and/or project management.
- Prepare annual operating plans and/or budgets.
- Assist others in the development and processing of National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for field work, site visits, training and/or meetings.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/573477300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.