The Network Administrator maintains a reliable, secure, and efficient data communications network for the Southern District of Florida.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent will deploy, configure, maintain, troubleshoot and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth and secure network operations. The Network Administrator ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and high availability of systems, networks, and data across the system development life cycle (SDLC), and creates, promotes, and adheres to standardized, repeatable processes for the delivery of security services.
- Design, configure, and implement network hardware and software. Develop standard guidelines for the use and acquisition of software. Plan, coordinate, implement, and test network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware. Monitor and optimize hardware, operating systems, and databases to improve system performance and reliability.
- Advise and make recommendations to management on network and other significant information technology issues. Develop and implement short-term and long-range automation improvement plans for the court unit, ensuring that the changes can be implemented with minimal disruption at the court site. Lead implementation and integration project teams, as required.
- Provide daily system backup and regularly monitor operations of the network equipment and systems. Recommend and install updates to ensure continued operation and act as the technical expert in solving network and related computer system problems. Install security, operating system patches, and database software upgrades. Provide file server maintenance and troubleshoot problems with network equipment.
- Customize and develop software programming as needed and advise staff on the use of the software. Develop software to extract information from existing system databases, or conversely, to add information to the database. Maintain software library and prepare and maintain documentation of all locally developed software.
- Provide training on new hardware, programs, and databases to IT staff members, including refresher training as needed. Perform other related duties or special projects, as assigned.
Occasional travel - 10% or Greater. Candidate will have periodic travel within and outside the Southern District of Florida.
28 - CL-28.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/573264900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.