The primary purpose of this position is to carry out a variety of project plans in support of the unit recreation program.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com/Outreach
- The responsibilities listed below are at the full performance level.
- Perform and monitor day-to-day recreation maintenance, clean-up, and simple construction projects for sites, reporting issues
- Monitor the condition and use of trails to report issues.
- Monitor recreation areas and trail maintenance activities and report issues.
- Inspect recreation areas or special use permits for compliance with regulations and advise supervisor and visitors about instances of non-compliance.
- Monitor contracts for recreation area cleanup and maintenance and report issues.
- Provide information to visitors regarding recreation opportunities on the unit.
- Explain rules and/or regulations to visitors.
- Provide support to campground host.
- Collect fees at recreation sites.
- Ensure deposits of collected fees are made appropriately.
- Monitor wilderness area for use, maintenance and report issues.
- Maintain information boards, travel signs, and regulatory signs in recreation sites.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for site visits, training and/or meetings may be required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/573203000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.