The primary purpose of this position is to perform work involved in Natural Resources Planning and Environmental law compliance, including the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the National Management Act (NFMA).Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com/Outreach.
- Duties listed are at the full performance level.
- Conduct environmental studies and evaluations concerning a variety of resources, such as social economic, land, air, water, timber, recreation, wildlife, fisheries, and/or additional special areas.
- Ensure National Environmental Policy Act ( NEPA) documents are in conformance with applicable law, regulation, and policy.
- Coordinate with natural resource specialists to obtain, compile and analyze information used in formulating specific components of program and project plans.
- Instruct project staff on the plan standards and guidelines related to the unit natural resource management proposal.
- Write environmental analyses, assessments, and environmental impact statements.
- Prepare annual operating plans and/or budgets.
- Develop, monitor, and maintain planning documents and action plan for all aspects of the program of work.
Occasional travel - Travel for site visits, meetings, and/or training may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/573154200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.