The incumbent serves as a principal assistant on a Ranger District performing work in support of the unit's recreation program. Responsible for implementing both annual and long-term work plans for developed recreation sites (campgrounds, day use sites, recreation residences, etc.) both developed and dispersed.Learn more about this agency
Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates when applications are due for these locations can be found at https://fsoutreach.gdcii.com/Outreach
- These positions will be filled at the GS-6 grade level with promotion potential to the GS-7 grade level.
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level.
- Report information about interests of visitors to be used in the development of plans for recreation area maintenance, rehabilitation, and construction projects.
- Prepare project work plans for the use, improvement, and maintenance for a developed recreation area.
- Carry out and monitor implementation of recreation operation and maintenance plans for developed or dispersed recreation sites.
- Inspect recreation area use to enforce compliance with the management plan by issuing or requesting issuance of citations.
- Count and/or reconcile collection fees at recreation sites.
- Deposit fees according to instructions to ensure they are protected and correctly accounted for.
- Monitor work done under contracts with standard provisions and interpret provisions for contractors.
- Patrol district roads, trails, or waterways to determine whether visitor use is in accordance with recreation plans and regulations and report any issues to supervisor.
- Repair items such as toilets, road closure gates, hand pumps, picnic tables, fire rings, barriers, and trash receptacles in developed recreational areas.
Occasional travel - Travel for meetings and site visits may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/573152900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.