At Federal Student Aid (FSA), we are proud sponsors of the American mind. As a principal office of the U.S. Department of Education (ED), FSA provides students and families financial assistance for higher education, and we promote the value of postsecondary education to society. We ensure that all eligible students and families can benefit from federal financial aid for education or training beyond high school.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Education, Federal Student Aid. This position is established to perform specific activities directed at solving problems or accomplishing work processes through the use of Information Technology. Specifically, the incumbent of this position serves as the Information Systems Security Officer (1550) embedded in the business units using information technology to help achieve mission needs within their program areas of responsibility. This is a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Framework Cyber skills position.
As an Information Technology Specialist GS-13, you will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Plans, implements, and manages cyber security systems designed to effectively recognize, report , track and resolve problems by applying IT problem management methods and practices and new and innovative customer support methods and technologies.
- Leads cyber security response actions associated with protecting, monitoring, analyzing, detecting, and responding to cyber events, breaches, and incidents.
- Participates, both internally and externally to the Department, in identification and analyses of cyber security issues, deficiencies, and problem areas through review and analyses of reports, contacts, surveys, inspections and facility reviews.
- Leads and/or participates in meetings, conferences, briefings, training and/or seminars related to cyber security practices planning and supporting concepts; develops special project papers, briefings , reports or other documents on assigned issues as required.
- Develops and/or implements policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks and data.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/572471500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.