Management may select at GS-11 or GS-12. If selected at GS-11, there is no non-competitive promotion potential and further competition would be required for promotion to GS-12. This is a public notice flyer of anticipated vacancies. Applications will NOT be accepted through USAJOBs. Interested applicants should review "How to Apply" below for information on how to be considered. This flyer will be used as positions become available. There may/may not be actual vacancies filled from flyer.Learn more about this agency
- Responsibilities may be at the GS-11 or GS-12 level depending on candidate qualifications and selection decisions.
- Performs engineering duties related to variety of structural engineering features pertinent to the new construction and/or modification of navigation locks and dams, flood control and local protection projects.
- Processes work in accordance with established procedures and exercises personal initiative in developing designs and completing assignments.
- Develops design details of structural features for structures such as navigation locks, floodwalls, floodgates, control structures, pumping stations, and bridges, determining the engineering principles that apply.
- Coordinates the engineering data resulting from preceding work and provides technical assistance in the preparation of preliminary designs and estimates, General Design Memoranda, Feature Design Memoranda, Contract Drawings and Specifications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/571993600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.