About the Position: Serve as the senior environmental specialist and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) manager for navigation (dredging) and operations projects. Responsible for developing environmental portions of pre- and post- authorization planning studies and environmental compliance in support of other District programs.Learn more about this agency
This is an open continuous job announcement
**First cut off date is 06-JULY-2020**
Additional Certificates will be issued as necessary
- Perform NEPA and associated environmental compliance work in support of the District's civil works planning, design, construction, and operations programs with focus on navigation dredging and operation projects.
- Perform field surveys, literature searches of published and unpublished sources, data collection, and analysis to support environmental planning and compliance.
- Prepare environmental scopes of work and schedules when contracting with consultants; monitor contracts in-progress; and review contractor submittals in order to accomplish required coordination.
- Assess data and prepare complete NEPA and other documents, environmental compliance applications, and reports in required format for review by the team lead or Chief and study/project managers.
- Review written products from in- house staff, contractors, or other agencies, and provide comments and recommendations relating to Corps projects.
- Analyze available information, participate in public and interagency meetings, and prepare recommendations in order to formulate plans, avoid or mitigate detrimental impacts, and implement environmental benefits.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel to project sites, conferences, or training may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/571888700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.