About the Position: This position is located in the Madigan Army Medical Center Logistics Division.Learn more about this agency
***This is a Standing Register (Open Continuous) announcement which allows acceptance of applications through the closing date. Please see additional information below under Application Requirements.*****
This position requires up to 25% TDY for training and to provide services to units in other states.
- Install complex medical equipment to meet industry and hospital standards.
- Inspect services performed on-site by commercial vendors for acceptable work performance.
- Perform in-use tests to determine medical equipment serviceability, and recommend disposition.
- Determine preventive maintenance schedules for new or unique equipment for which standards have not been established.
- Implement Patient Care Equipment modifications to ensure modifications meet industry and regulatory guidance.
- Prepare equipment-specific staff training on methods of operation, testing, calibration, and safe use.
- Coordinate equipment installation/setup with staff to meet manufacturer specifications and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Make recommendations to change manufacturer-provided documentation to correct errors and clarify operating and maintenance instructions.
- Use manufacturer instructions to install, maintain, and repair critical but less complex ancillary equipment.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to clinical staff for equipment selection, application, care, and operation.
- Calibrate complex Patient Care Equipment to meet equipment specifications and ensure proper performance.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/571415800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.