This position is located with the Agricultural Research Service, Field Organization, Plains Area, Northern Plains Agricultural Research Laboratory in Agricultural Systems Research Unit, Sidney, MT.Learn more about this agency
In this position you will be responsible for assisting in one or more phases of the research process by performing a variety of technical duties, in a laboratory, field, or greenhouse environment. Performs routine and recurring techniques and studies using a variety of specialized equipment.
- Collects, prepares, evaluates, and verifies crop samples and supporting records.
- Identifies common crop species (seeds, plant growth stages , etc.) supporting records. Scouts field and identifies yield-limiting problems.
- Assists in the implantation of different phases of the research process by performing a variety of technical duties in a field setting.
- Collects plant, soil and grain samples and prepares them for laboratory analysis by weighing, grinding and cleaning.Insert Major Duty/Responsibility Here
- Identifies weed and insect pests and disease that affect common crops.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/571033900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.