About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Located at Fort Hamilton in Southern New York City. Bay Ridge Brooklyn is at the base of the Verrazano Narrows Bridge, is a vibrant cultural area, and only 20 minutes to mid-town Manhattan. Since spring 1998, the Fort Hamilton Military Community has been home to the North Atlantic Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers; New York City Recruiting Battalion; and New York Military Entrance Processing Station. Commuter buses and trains are easily accessible from this location.
- Plan, implement, evaluate, and administer a strategic workforce development and training program that is responsive to immediate and long range needs and objectives of the installation.
- Chair Executive Training Council in identifying training needs, acquiring specific courses, and developing fiscal year Training Plan.
- Assist and advise managers in the development of employee training.
- Develop and execute a leadership development program that aligns with the installation's succession workforce plan.
- Coordinate and train for a wide variety of on-site courses, classes, and seminars to include supervisory development, mentoring, New Employee Orientation, etc.
- Analyze overall installation training program and determine local programming and budgeting of funds for procurement of training requirements.
- Review organizational requirements and/or conduct studies relating to such factors as turnover, mission and technology to identify staffing trends, anticipated vacancies, and retention deficiencies.
- Participate in quality audits of various human resources processes.
- Identify problem areas, deficiencies, imbalances or other similar factors that can affect performance, customer service, and employee satisfaction.
- Advise staff about employment incentive options such as recruitment, and relocation and retention bonuses that are designed to attract and retain the best employees.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570894800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.