Recruitment Incentives ARE Authorized; Relocation is NOT Authorized.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), Atlanta VA Medical Center (VAMC)/ (VISN 7), and Chief of Staff, Geriatric and Extended Care & Rehabilitation Service Line (GEC&RSL). The successful candidate will serve as a Neurologist. He/she is to ensure the quality and timeliness of the services provided, customer satisfaction, as we)as compliance with the standards of accrediting bodies such as the Joint Commission and the Inspector General's Combined Assessment Program. He/she is to ensure appropriate use of the available resources, and will be responsible for the state-of-the-art standards of care. He/she collaborates with other services as appropriate.
- The physician would participate in and/or manage all aspects of a general Neurology program, to include clinical, administrative, academic, and research components if warranted.
- The physician would manage patient workload within available staffing, which may include support of physician assistants or nurse practitioners.
- The physician would perform the usual administrative components of patient care management, such as: documentation of progress notes and consultation findings in an electronic medical record, dictation and electronic signature of OP reports and hospital discharge summaries, electronic entry and signature of all doctor's orders for inpatients and outpatients, etc.
- The incumbent's duties include (but are not limited to) the provision of neurologic evaluation and treatment of Veterans with compassion on both an inpatient and outpatient basis along with the education and counseling of Veterans and their families on medical conditions/treatments; BLS certification is required. The Incumbent shall keep all information concerning VA beneficiaries confidential.
- Information will not be disclosed to any person, except as authorized in writing and according to all applicable laws.
- Provides clinical consultation to Atlanta VAMC clinical staff both within and outside of Geriatric and Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service Line. Patient caseload may be inpatient, outpatient, or both. Neurologists examine patients suffering from neurological disorders, treatment resistant headache disorders, such as seizure disorders, Parkinson's disease or Alzheimer's disease.
- The physician may work with primary care physicians on a consulting basis when a patient has symptoms that suggest a neurological issue.
- Examinations for neurological patients may include tests of a patient's cranial nerve function, cognitive status, motor skills and sensory system by asking the patient to perform activities.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570835600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.