The following Department of Defense Expeditionary Civilian (DoD-EC) Workforce positions available are: INTERDISCIPLINARY ENGINEER, ARCHITECT, COMMUNITY PLANNER. Volunteering to deploy gives civilians an extraordinary opportunity to use their capabilities, experience, and knowledge while directly supporting operations of national interest. Individuals can volunteer to fill critical functions supporting the U.S. Military in foreign locations, to include Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait & Qatar.Learn more about this agency
- You MUST be a Permanent, Current Department of Navy employee to be considered for a Defense Expeditionary Civilian (DoD-EC) Workforce position.
- This is a Temporary Duty (TDY) assignment away from your parent command for up to 12 months with the right to return to your position of record or equivalent position in the same commuting area following your deployment.
- Volunteers are deployed and paid at their current pay level plus applicable pay benefits, e.g., danger pay, post differential, night shift differential, Sunday premium pay, holiday pay, overtime, regardless of the position occupied.
- Your normal work schedule is Sunday through Thursday; you will be working 10-hour days 6-1/2 to 7 days week.
- This is an unaccompanied tour.
- You will hold and maintain a security clearance at the level specified for the position.
- You will be designated as Emergency-Essential (E-E) throughout the duration of your deployment.
- You will be self-motivated, expected to receive and complete work assignments without further prompting.
- You will be expected to follow a checklist of pre-deployment tasks, to include online training, administrative tasks, and medical screenings.
- You MUST gain parent/home organization approval within two weeks after applying for a DoD-EC deployment opportunity.
- The DoD-EC Application and Management Approval Form for DON Employees is located at https://portal.secnav.navy.mil/orgs/MRA/DONHR/OCHRStennis/Expeditionary%20Civilian%20Workforce/Forms/AllItems.aspx
- You must complete, sign, obtain you supervisor's signature, and submit DD-2365-1. It is located at https://portal.secnav.navy.mil/orgs/MRA/DONHR/OCHRStennis/Expeditionary%20Civilian%20Workforce/Forms/AllItems.aspx
- Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Applicants who have applied to this announcement (ST-10838573-20-BV) need not reapply to be considered for this vacancy.
- If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact DoD-EC at OCHRSTE_EC_inquiries@navy.mil.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570663500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.