This Direct-Hire position is in the Food and Drug Administration, National Center for Toxicological Research, Office of Research, Division of Systems Biology, located in Jefferson, Arkansas.Learn more about this agency
- Apply liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (L/MS) based metabolomics and lipidomics to discover novel and more effective biomarkers of toxicity induced by drugs or chemicals.
- Responsible for developing novel research protocols in the applications of the LC/MS-based metabolomics and lipidomics in pre-clinical, clinical researches and the microbiome field.
- Develop research protocols, and performs all phases of the research related to LC/MS-based metabolomics and lipdomics.
- Plan and execute experiments, prepare and evaluate data, coordinate collaborative research efforts, and present results at seminars and meetings.
- Analyze experimental data and prepares scientific manuscripts combining metabolomics data with other endpoint data to be published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Provide mentoring and leadership to several temporary staff, postdocs, mentoring summer graduate students or training other scientists working on scientific projects.
- Participation in national or international metabolomics best practices working groups or advisory boards.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570631200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.