The incumbent serves as a Human Resources Assistant responsible for initiating, coding, validating, correcting, auditing, verifying data and updating data in the Federal Personnel Payroll System (FPSS) as well as providing guidance on federal benefits.Learn more about this agency
Open to the first 100 applicants or until 06/22/2020 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
- Processes and codes the full range of personnel actions, to include new appointments, promotions, reassignments, transfers, within grades and terminations, student appointments and change in duty stations.
- Ensures accuracy and appropriateness of coding personnel actions and associated supporting documentation.
- Verifies eligibility, physical, and suitability requirements are met prior to processing personnel actions.
- Performs quality control to ensure all actions are processed according to federal regulations.
- Identifies, reviews and evaluates problem-related personnel actions submitted through FPPS and performs corrective actions as required.
- Troubleshoots payroll discrepancies and follows the Client Interface Manual to ensure all data is appropriately coded and worked to final resolution.
- Assists higher graded HR Specialists in drafting vacancy announcements.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570281000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.