THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK) (Title 32), Position Description Number D0262000 and is part of the IL DCSIM, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As an IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK) (Title 32), GS-2210-7/9/11, you will function as a technical specialist on issues relating to the wide area network (WAN) and local area network (LAN) systems and their integration in the network which involves network administration, optimization and performance in support of the supports the state's wide area command and control integrated network.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Performs a variety of network device configuration and connectivity tasks.
- Executes procedures and coordinates corrective action to optimize network performance. Installs, configures and monitors tested and evaluated software packages that provide performance measurements of the WAN/LAN.
- Implements the standard configuration software loads for all network devices. Utilizes benchmarks and performance measurement and evaluation data to manage network servers and data communication devices to support normal and surge workload and works with technical support personnel in resolving critical problems.
- Uses remote management software tools to maintain and update configuration, protocol and user/system files.
- Documents and tracks change to configuration, protocol and user/system files.
- Executes appropriate action to ensure backup processes are completed.
- Evaluates the performance of network devices such as servers, workstations, and peripheral devices, and remote access systems.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of configuration management plans for complex LANs and WANs with supported elements to include headquarters staff elements, tenant activities, state government, regional operating activities and national agencies.
- Implements plans and procedures for remote installation of applications and upgrades using state of the art software distribution methods.
- Implements the standard operating procedures for all devices on the network.
- Provides input to briefings and presentations on the complexities of the installation networks.
- Analyzes equipment and software reliability and utilization reports to identify and define problem areas and to establish end-to-end systems performance levels.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570267200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.