About the position:Learn more about this agency
This position will be assigned to Outdoor Recreation Aquatics at Kirtland AFB, New Mexico.
This position will be filled as a Flexible Employment Category.
This position is for Recreation Aid-Lead Lifeguard.
- Serves as lead lifeguard over same and lower grade pool employees. Assists other employees in their duties.
- Distributes and monitors workload among employees. Instructs employees in specific tasks and job techniques. Resolves simple complaints among employees and refers formal complaints to supervisor. Ensures regulations, procedures, methods, and deadlines have been met. Assists in the education and on the job training of fellow co-workers. Makes available written instructions, regulations, policies, and other reference materials.
- Oversees collection of daily income. Prepares and consolidates daily receipts and reports. Makes daily deposits. Ensures authorized entry into pool area by checking pool passes, collecting fees, and controlling sign-in rosters.
- Monitors customers to ensure that no unauthorized activity takes place and that all pool rules and regulations are adhered to. Enforces general rules of good conducts and expels patrons whose conduct constitutes a hazard or nuisance.
- Acts promptly to rescue and resuscitate near-frowning victims. Rescues such personnel using Red Cross approved techniques and call 911. Watches swimmers for indication of fatigue or ill health and ensures all safety and sanitary precautions are met.
- Disseminates information to patrons regarding hours of operations, Air Force regulations, pool rules, safety precautions, etc.
- Participates in general maintenance and repairs of pools and facilities. Conducts regular water quality tests. Reports unsatisfactory safety, health, and maintenance conditions to appropriate authorities.
- Promotes good customer relations through positive interaction with pool patrons while enforcing rules and regulations, answering questions and addressing customer complaints.
- Teaches swimming lessons to adults and children. Participates with Youth Summer participants and other swimming programs as required
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10832978
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/570195200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.