Provides clinical consultation to Atlanta VAMC clinical staff both within and outside of Geriatric and Extended Care and Rehabilitation Service Line. Patient caseload may be inpatient, outpatient, or both. Neurologists examine patients suffering from neurological disorders, such as Epilepsy (seizure disorders),Parkinson's disease or Alzheimer's disease.Learn more about this agency
Recruitment Incentives ARE Authorized; Relocation is NOT Authorized.
This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA),Atlanta VA Medical Center (VAMC)/ (VISN 7), and Chief of Staff, Geriatric and Extended Care & Rehabilitation Service Line (GEC&RSL). The successful candidate will serve as a Neurologist. He/she is to ensure the quality and timeliness of the services provided, customer satisfaction, as well as compliance with the standards of accrediting bodies such as the Joint Commission and the Inspector General's Combined Assessment Program. He/she is to ensure appropriate use of the available resources and will be responsible for the state-of-the-art standards of care. Additional duties will include but are not limited to;
- He/she collaborates with other services as appropriate.
- The physician would participate in and/or manage all aspects of the facility's Epilepsy Program and a general Neurology program, to include clinical, administrative, academic, and research components if warranted.
- The physician would manage patient workload within available staffing, which may include support of physician assistants or nurse practitioners.
- The physician may work with primary care physicians on a consulting basis when a patient has symptoms that suggest a neurological issue.
- Examinations for neurological patients may include tests of a patient's cranial nerve function, cognitive status, motor skills and sensory system by asking the patient to perform activities.
Work Schedule: Multiple Schedules; Multiple shifts
Telework: Some teleworking required (e.g. for reading EEG's remotely)
Financial Discloser Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/569624100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.